Saturday, July 03, 2004

To the hills...

Blogging has been neglected lately every since JZ got into town. Picked her up at the airport Thursday afternoon, came home, at some din din, packed the car, and headed for the hills. It feels good to get away. From people, from the internet, from the phone. From concrete and cars and commercials. I mean, yes, site 42 was stuck right between the bathroom and the pack of screaming 5 year-olds, and was the only site left for a reason, but hey, we made the fucking best of it. We did get to see the guy from across the way carry his 5 gallon bucket of piss and shit from his camper over and dump it out in the bathroom - three times. And yes, it was bloody fucking cold at night, and blood fucking hot in the day, but the air was, at least a little bit, clearner up there. We were going to wake up at the crack of dawn and climb a Colorado 14er before we came home today, but at 6:30 in the morning, still in the ass-cold stage, there was no way I was getting out of the tent, packing everything up, and climbing my ass off. So, we waited for the sun to sweat us out of the tent, and stopped by the City Market before heading home. Foturnately, everyone, their dog, and even their bratty kids were heading the other direction on the raceway to the mountains, and we sailed home without event. At this stage, I ought to comment on our time, on the things I saw, on using the self-checkout line 4 times in the last 3 days, but I really have nothing to say. I saw spiderman 2, and it was good, but Donnie Darko is still the only super-hero movie for me. JZ reads a lot; it's kinda annoying, because her book is clearly more intersting than me, but hey, I'm not going to try to deny that, and this way, I have time to blog. I also had time to read a couple blogs, and I give up. I'm outblogged. Whatever, I'm ok with that. The Success blog doesnt have to be the best to succeed. Maybe that is just my lazy-boy attitude - lowering my expectations to match reality. Fuck it, what if it is? Maybe now's just not my time. I haven't seen the flick, but I heard this big in the Legend of Bagger Vane, or whatever his name is. Anyway, Will Smith tells somebody that they can't go out and make the perfect golf shot, you've got to let it find you. Well, I like that, but I'm worried that it's too easy to say, "I'm waiting to be found." Sometimes, it works. I 'waited to be found' by a girl for 19 years, and then, low and behold, I was found - and it was great. Still is great, in fact. But that's just not going to happen with everything. Some things, you got to go get. So, tomorrow, I'm leaving again. Gonna go climb that mountain. Then maybe just kick it and relax. Who knows, tomorrow's Independence Day, maybe I will turn out more dependable. I hate it when one thing follows another. Life is better when things just happen. Thing, Thing, Thing. No connections. Just one after another. They tell a story, and they have an order, but it's not logical. What IS logical, is Good Times, and those custard spoonbenders. Damn, good shit. Well, I'm going to go make JZ stop reading, because I'm going to stop writing, and I can't possibly write as fast as she reads. When things don't make any sense, keep the chage. One thing after another. Keep on truckin'.

No comments: