Thursday, January 05, 2006

Some good reading

After a long dormancy, my latest posts have been rants of increasing length and, arguably, decreasing worth. As such, I will take this opportunity so simply direct you to a couple of things that, I assure you, will legitamately good reading.

1 - The Life of Pi, Yann Martel

I just finished this during my lunch break, and I must say, I wholly enjoyed myself. Not since AHWSG have I so thoroughly enjoyed reading a book. Admittedly, I haven't read a great number of books between the two, but nonetheless, it is quite wonderful, and I reccomend it.

2 - JiVE, f-er

Possibly the only thing of merit at thesuccessblog is the little link that has lingered for some time on the right-hand side of my page pointing a lucky reader to JiVE. I don't read it much myself, but after having read a few posts today, I really have no clue why on earth I haven't been reading religiously. It is by so far the best, most entertaining, most engaging, and best written blog I've gandered at, that it puts all else to shame. It really ought not be termed a blog at all--its more like a one-man mcsweeny's but with greater eclecticity. I can't really describe it. It's just bloody brilliant. I wonder how many readers it has. It seems a likely candidate for a blog that, without fanfare, might have managed to build a somewhat dedicated following of strangers by simply being good. Then again, blog-readers are a finicky bunch, and sometimes, good writing gets people nowhere. In any case, if you read one thing online today--read some stuff from this.

f-er, what you up to, kid? shouldnt you be writing a book or something?

No comments: